Friday, December 16, 2011

Ornament nostalgia

This is my absolute favorite Christmas ornament of all time:

I remember loving it as a child; it was always my favorite ornament and nobody but me ever put it up on the tree. From time to time I would take it down and peer inside:


It's a bit tough to see in this photo but that does indeed read "Marley's Ghost." I delighted in reading the little booklet, even though the story was somewhat abridged. I suppose it should have been obvious to my family then that I would grow up to write ghost stories.

If you don't have room for a Christmas tree in your tiny NYC apartment, a bundle of swag will do. I've hung mine over my crawl-space door. It's rather an enchanting little doorway.

And yes, that is a time machine robot you see all dressed up for the holidays in a little bow tie. So far he only travels forward through time in one-minute intervals, but I'm still working out the kinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment